Monday, October 29, 2007

A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Effort

Before today's gripe, I want to thank you for your indulgence as we worked our way through the recent fires in Southern California. I'm sure it threw everyone off in terms of scheduling, but one cannot help but feel for those who lost everything, even loved ones, so my hearts go out to them.

Now, then...

An update on yesterday's piece on the Stanley Kramer classic "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World". I did actually hear from film preservationist Robert Harris, and at his request, we're taking yesterday's gripe down until there is something to report about the 1963 classic. While I do thank Mr. Harris for pointing out there were some errors in my gripe which I apologize for (I did mention to Mr. Harris that if there is something in the article I wanted to correct I invited him to do so, and for that I thank him), these facts are true...the film was cut down from roadshow release, and yes, there was an extended version for video in the 1990s. That we do know.

So I will leave it at that and continue to hope there will be some "light at the end of the tunnel", as they say.

For now, at least...

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments: