Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Hollywood Strike-Out

I never would imagine that even in the days of Internet, digital, DVD, etc. that Hollywood would again go on strike. Yes, on Monday the writers created their picket lines once again, and right off the bat it's hitting your favorite TV shows. No sooner than the late-night talk shows became affected, then the sitcoms were next in line (aside from the drama "Desperate Housewives"). It's really a shame to have your television habits affected, isn't it? Of course, the network that's really gonna lose in all this is NBC, the lowest rated network amongsted the big four. I don't think anyone cares at this point. You know what? It doesn't bother me one bit since my relatives (whom I'm staying with) don't have cable right now. At least we still have the NFL and the NBA to bring us some drama. If a complete wipe-out of our entire season happens, I won't be surprised. It's all about one thing...money. The more time passes, the more dough they ask. But you got to have some sympathy for the writers...they make things work in the first place...that is, for shows that manage to survive. Just one thing I ask of them...don't picket for too long or Hollywood will really lose its cool.

NEXT TIME: DVD Box Set Stuff

No comments: